Orange Cherry Almond Biscotti
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Mandarin Orange Infused Olive Oil or Blood Orange Fused Olive Oil
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- splash of kirsch (approx. 1 tablespoon)
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- 1 1/4 cup almonds
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, sifted. Use King Arthur Measure for Measure Flour to make this gluten-free.
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
Preheat oven to 325 degrees fahrenheit
In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
Using an electric mixer on medium, beat sugar and oil in a medium bowl until creamy. Add eggs one at a time and beat between each addition. Blend in the vanilla, almond extract, and kirsch, scraping the sides of the bowl. Fold in dry ingredients and mix to blend. Then add the cherries and almonds.
Take a knife and cut the dough into two evenly. Wet hands with warm water and form a log out of each clump, about 14" long by 2" wide. Lay the logs diagonally on a lined baking sheet.
Bake for 30 mins, biscotti should just begin to brown. Transfer baking sheet to a wire rack and let the logs cool.
Using a serrated knife, slice logs diagonally into 1" thick pieces. Arrange slices on the baking sheet, bake 10 more mins until golden brown. Then turn the slices and bake an additional 10 mins, or until that side is golden brown as well. Transfer biscotti to a wire rack and let cool.
These biscotti can be made a few days ahead of time! Store in an airtight container at room temperature.