Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Balsamic Glaze
Who says veggies can only be side dishes?
This recipe makes cauliflower the STAR!Packing a punch with Italian seasoning and our ultra-fragrant Herbes de Provence Olive Oil this oil is topped with a healthy glaze of savory MissionFig Balsamic and fresh herbs. Gluten free, vegan, and plant based – what could be better?
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 Tablespoons RockyMountain Olive Oil Herbes de Provence Infused Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons RockyMountain Olive Oil Black Mission Fig Dark Balsamic
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Zest of one lemon
- Fresh parsley, chopped for garnishing
- Additional RockyMountain Olive Oil Black Mission Fig Dark Balsamic for drizzling, if desired
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.Wash the cauliflower and trim so the green stalks on the bottom are removed.Then carefully remove the stem and the core, being careful to keep the head intact.
- Place the head cut-side down in a greased 8x8 casserole dish.
- Zest the lemon. In a small bowl, add the Herbes de Provence Olive Oil, Mission Fig Dark Balsamic, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, pepper and lemon zest. Whisk the mixture together until well combined.
- Brush the mixture over the top of the cauliflower and the dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 400degrees. After 30 minutes remove the foil and bake for an additional 20 minutes uncovered, until the cauliflower is soft when you piece it with a knife. If you prefer your cauliflower softer or firmer adjust the additional cooking time as necessary.
- Once the cauliflower is baked transfer it to a plate and sprinkle it with the chopped parsley and additional balsamic(if desired). Serve immediately.