Creamy Vegan Veggie Pasta
Some say going vegan means sacrificing indulging in creamy, rich, buttery-tasting dishes, but they couldn’t be more wrong!
Blended cashews, olive oil, and basil come together to add richness and depth to veggie-packed pasta. The addition of sun-dried tomatoes add a sweet punch to the savory ingredients of the rest of the dish, as does the addition of our tart Sicilian Lemon WhiteBalsamic Vinegar. You don’t have to be vegan to love this dish, and you certainly won’t miss the cheese or butter when diving into this comforting meal.
- 8 ounces of your favorite vegan pasta
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 2 Tablespoons Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Garlic Infused Olive Oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 3 ounces sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- 4 ounces arugula (a few handfuls)
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish (if desired)
For the Sauce:
- 1 cup roasted, unsalted cashews
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Sicilian Lemon White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Basil Infused Olive Oil
- 1 cup packed fresh basil
- 1 cup water
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Once boiling, generously salt the water.
2. Add in the pasta and cook to al dente, according to package directions. About 2 minutes before the pasta is al dente, add the broccoli florets to the pot to cook with the pasta as the pasta finishes cooking. Reserve 1 cup of the starchy pasta water before draining. Once the pasta and broccoli are done, drain in a colander and set aside.
3. As the water is heating and pasta is cooking work on the sauce and veggies. Add all the sauce ingredients to a high-speed blender – the cashews, garlic, Lemon Balsamic Vinegar, Basil Olive Oil, fresh basil, water, and salt. Blend until smooth and creamy. Set the sauce aside, or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
4. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add theGarlic Infused Olive Oil. Once the oil is hot, add in the onion and bell pepper. Season with 1 teaspoon Kosher salt and ½ teaspoon ground black pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the veggies soften slightly, 3-4 minutes. Once softened, add the sun-dried tomatoes and arugula to the skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the sun-dried tomatoes soften and the arugula wilts slightly, 1-2 minutes.
5. Once the veggies are ready, add the drained pasta & broccoli to the skillet. Pour the lemon basil cashew cream sauce over top. Toss to combine. If you want a looser dish, add a little of the reserved starchy pasta water and toss until you reach your desired consistency.Taste and season additionally with salt or a squeeze of fresh lemon juice, and more fresh basil as desired. Serve immediately.